More power for less money?

Subject: More power for less money?
From: Captain Edsky <bizzarro@easynet.co.uk>
Date: Sun, 31 May 1998 20:44:42
Dear All

I was thinking today about the cost of the 914, which is probably what our
chosen engine will have to be in order to get the short field takeoff
performance promised by Europa. But then (assuming that I know very little
about engines, cos I don't) I pondered upon the thought of using a 912 but
adding Nitro Methane ( at least I think thats the stuff) to the fuel. I know
that it can be used in cars and and bikes etc but what about in the Rotax.
Perhaps it burns much hotter or causes an acidic reation that damages the
engine?

Any Ideas?

Chees Ed

South East London Flying Group