Fw: Re: Logistics, not technical. Where to build a Europa?

Subject: Fw: Re: Logistics, not technical. Where to build a Europa?
From: Tony Krzyzewski <tonyk@kaon.co.nz>
Date: Thu, 27 Feb 1997 07:51:28

wrote:
> > This question isn't really specific to a Europa. It could apply to any
> > kit but I think that this is the best place to ask and I intend to
> > apply the answer to a Europa.
> >
> > Work moves me around Europe but at least I generally have some choice
> > as to where. I aim to start off with the stage 1 kit in the summer when
> > my next assignement will begin and I'd hope to have it finished by the
> > time that I finish the assignment.
> >
> > So, I am facing the question of which country to pick out of Western
> > Europe. Are there any in which building a kit plane is such a bad idea
> > that I should avoid them? The things that matter are of course
> > inspections, registering and flying an aircraft and also, what happens
> > if I build the stage 1 kit in (say) the Netherlands and then move on to
> > Germany for the next stage?

 I would think that the main issue is where you intend to register your
aircraft.
 It is the aviation authority in that country that has the final say on whether

 you can fly your aircraft.

 If that is going to be your home country of Belgium then you should contact the
 appropriate authority and get a proper statement from them regarding your build
plans.

 I suspect that they will simply insist that you build according to their
standards.

 Of course if they insist on regular checks by a registered Belgian inspector
this

 may cause you some difficulty.

 The last thing you want to do is spend three or four years building and then
 discover that you can't fly your plane!

 Tony

Date: 02/27/97
Time: 06:51:28 New Zealand Summer Time (UTC +13)

Kaon Technologies - Building Tomorrow's Networks
PO Box 9830
Newmarket
Auckland          Ph +64 9 358 9124
New Zealand       Fx +64 9 358 9127