Nav Lights

Subject: Nav Lights
From: Eddie Hatcher <bizzarro@easynet.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 10 Jan 1997 23:07:48
Hi everyone,

We are now at the wing building stage, infact we have already started. We
would like to fit some Nav lights and strobes as seen on some other Europas
but, would value some opinions on:-

a) Which type of strobe/nav lights have people found to be best for the Europa

b) How have you run the cables/conduit to them, and how would you intend to
replace the cable if it beacame damaged? ( We couldn't decide which
lightening hole to run them down and whether of not it is advisable to make
more than the recomended holes in the wings ribs.)
We can't see a way of running them without having two 90 degree turns in the
tip to allow the cable to surface somewhere in the middle.

c) How big are cables to power these units (does it depend on the units
being used.)?

Has anyone got any drawings that they could download (dxf or other pc file
formats)

This stage has caught us somewhat by suprise as we now see no easy way of
installing them once the wing is completed. We were originally to run only
the conduit to leave our options open but I can't see that being too
successful when it comes to running the cables if they have to corner sharply.

Yes we know that it is a VFR machine, but it doesn't hurt to be seen eh!!

Cheers all

Eddie, Bill and Nick
////    Eddie Hatcher ////    Kit 279     /////
////    South East London Flying Group    /////
////    bizzarro@easynet.co.uk            /////