Re: Nav Lights

Subject: Re: Nav Lights
From: Eric Evers <evers@avnet.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 16 Jan 1997 21:53:30
><<The Katana lights look ideal to me>.
>
>Tks Eric, didn't know you could have tail lights on the wings !  Where do
>they come from ?
>Graham C
I flew Katanas at Fife Flying Club (Glenrothes) in April & May of last year
to wrap-up my PPL.  I strongly recommend the aircraft & the Club which is
associated with Tayside Flying Club at Dundee & Tayside Aviation (which owns
6 Katanas).  Further comment available on request.  The Chief Engineer,
Stewart Baxter, gave a presentation on the Katana at Glenrothes last
Wednesday (15th).  If the weather had been more pleasant (=flyable) I might
have made the 190 mile round trip.  You should be able to talk to him by
phoning 01382644372.  I'm sure he will be able to give you chapter and verse
on the universal wing-tip lights.
BTW the Katana is 'all electric' and has a Hoffman variable pitch prop on a
Rotax 912. (And a tricycle undercarriage!)

Eric Evers
Ayrshire, Scotland.

Ham: GM0 BVK