Re: Europa-List: Re: Mod 73

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Re: Mod 73
From: Neville Eyre <neveyre@aol.com>
Date: Tue, 16 Oct 2012 13:07:45

Hi Karl,
Why wouldn't it work ?
It would pin the TP12 to the torque tube... but, think where the load from
the tailplane is at it's highest, yes, just before it goes into the brass b
earing bonded to the fuselage.............. and picture the torque tube as
a spar, you have just drilled holes through the spar caps..................
 The removal of the assembly, and reaming and fitting oversize pins is the
only way to go, quite easy as I have described, as long as you have access
to a good machine shop with guys there who know what they are doing, then i
t is almost guaranteed to be a success. WITH AN  0.007'' INTERFERENCE FIT T
HEY ARE NOT GOING TO MOVE.
Use Loctite or Bob's clamps after this fix as a belt and braces if you want
 peace of mind, either of these without doing the pins first is not good en
ough.
Cheers,
Nev.