Re: Europa-List: Rotax 914 starting problems when hot

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Rotax 914 starting problems when hot
From: Paul McAllister <paul.the.aviator@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 13 Mar 2012 19:25:45
Tim,

I have found setting the plug gap to the minimum specified helps with cold
starting.

Paul

> Otherwise don't mention starting problems to me! I have now got to
replace my Sprag Clutch due to cold starting problems with my 912S
> at 300 hours!! Always had it and got worse with time. So watch out when
trying to persist in trying to start the motor as it quickly destroys your
Sprag Clutch. I have also the
> old mono "classic" engine frame which doesn't allow enough room for the
new Heavy Duty Starter which Rotax suddenly decided was
> necessary for the 100 HP 912S. So, after replacing the Sprag Clutch, the
Rotax man is going to look at how to fix the starting problem