Re: Europa-List: Cabin vent - air outlet?

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Cabin vent - air outlet?
From: Frans Veldman <frans@paardnatuurlijk.nl>
Date: Thu, 11 Sep 2008 00:08:28

[quote:9df425b733="g-iani"]Frans

Karl has made reference to my vent mod.  I have tidied up the documentation
a little and it is attached.  I do not suggest it is the right solution
rather an experiment.  So far I have not made the time to do any detailed
measurements.

-----[/quote:9df425b733]

I like this mod. Looks like a low drag solution and very effective, provided
that
the stern post is a low pressure area indeed. I'm going to try this, if it
doesn't work very well I have not made any modification to the exterior of the
airplane, so I can easily undo it. It doesn't take much to implement this.

Another mod could be to make this opening, but without the hose. This might
reduce
the pressure in the rear fuselage, keepiing the exhaust fumes away from the
cockpit, and a vent in the D-panel will then also work better.

Frans

Visit -  www.EuropaOwners.org