Re: Europa-List: Unlatched outrigger

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Unlatched outrigger
From: DuaneFamly@aol.com
Date: Sun, 20 Jul 2008 20:07:33
Hi Fred,

I hope this helps a bit.

Mike

In a message dated 7/20/2008 3:44:45 P.M. Pacific Daylight Time,
fklein@orcasonline.com writes:

Similarly, in the case at hand, I'm not sure I've ever seen or handled
a "microswitch". Looking in the Acft. Spruce catalog, I find no
listings, though I do see an "ultra-miniature toggle switch"...somehow,
I don't think this is what would serve, nor does it suggest any clues
as to what I need.
_http://www.mouser.com/catalog/634/1508.pdf_
(http://www.mouser.com/catalog/634/1508.pdf)     Middle of the page on right.
Letters I,J,&  K. Also look at
the previous page for A,B,C, & D. The connection for  the wire should be this
type. You can use either small pushon connectors or  solder a wire and cover
with heat shrink tubing. When the outrigger drops down,  it should press the
lever that actuates the switch. These have two mounting  holes in the body of
the

switch. These current ratings are far above what you  might need.....usually
less than a amp is used to make the circuit  work.

Some of the questions (perhaps "stupid" ones) going thru my  mind are:

- Is there a size or rating for the type of microswitch  referred to?
- Is there a specific microswitch which would be especially  suitable
for this application, or are we simply talking about a generic,
universal type?
- What size wiring would be suitable?
- Would  "outrigger warning lights" imply that there would be a red
light and a  green light, or just the absence of a green light (when the
outrigger is  not down and locked? Are we talking about LEDs, or some
kind of  bulb?
I would go with only the green, otherwise  you are using electrical power to
have a red light constantly on. This could be  annoying, especially when
flying at night.

FanHouse Fantasy Football today.