RE: Europa-List: Unlatched outrigger

Subject: RE: Europa-List: Unlatched outrigger
From: glenn crowder <gcrowder2@hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 17 Jul 2008 14:41:03

  The outriggers on my mono have never failed to latch but I have noticed t
hat if I lower the
gear/flaps/outriggers at just under flap speed=2C the outriggers do not aud
ibly latch in the down
position until approx 70 mph.  I'm wondering if the down latch springs are
getting tired after 6 yrs or so?

                                                     Glenn

From: air.guerner@orange.frTo: europa-list@matronics.comSubject: Europa-Lis
t: Unlatched outriggerDate: Thu=2C 17 Jul 2008 21:52:47 +0200

Hi Nigel=2C

It would be of high interest for all monowheel operators to know the root c
ause of your mishap. As long as the reason is not identified it may happen
to you again! I believe there should be a way to reproduce the unlatched ou
trigger problem on the ground and find out what is wrong in your outrigger
mechanism.
Best regards
Remi Guerner
F-PGKL

 > I have had an incident with my Europa (G-MIME) due to an outrigger not >
 being latched down for landing. I thought members of the forum with > mono
wheel Europas would like information of this event to help them > consider
whether this event has any learning points for them.Nigel=2CHave you manage
d to ascertain why your Outrigger failed to latched.Await your judgement.Pe
ter.

Time for vacation? WIN what you need- enter now!
http://www.gowindowslive.com/summergiveaway/?ocid=tag_jlyhm