Europa-List: Tail plane balancing

Subject: Europa-List: Tail plane balancing
From: Rémi Guerner <air.guerner@orange.fr>
Date: Sat, 21 Jul 2007 10:07:28
Graham,
You are right. I forgot the effect of T bar weight  too. I still believe the
corresponding
error is less than the error caused by the slightest bearing friction.
The weight to be added to accurately compensate for the missing T-bar error
could be easily calculated. As the T-bar cannot be removed from a completed
aircraft, could any one in the early building stage provide me with the weight
and CG  of the trim tab T-bar, ?
Remi

Remi
I forgot the weight of the trim tab control arm does affect tailplane
balance, so balancing outside the fuselage is not quite so simple.
Graham