fuel sight gauge

Subject: fuel sight gauge
From: Jean Frederickson <djf@jsnet.com>
Date: Mon, 22 Sep 1997 08:54:20
---From Kim Prout
reading about the economy of your Europa...Wonderful, isn't it? You're
absolutely correct about the problems of the sight gauge. It is only
accurate at specific airspeeds and level flight (angle of attack). I
now have over 320 hours on N111EU and have come to believe in my fuel
flow system (Allegro Instruments) which interfaces with the GPS. It is
right on with accuracy and allows me to make immediate decisions for
fuel managment when flying long cross country. I think it is a
necessity for this airplane to have some kind of fuel flow totalizer
system. Of course you can just go on the main until the engine
sputters, switch over to reserve, throttle to 4000 rpm and fly for
another 1.2 hrs....
Have fun flying!!