Re: Europa-List: Europa tri-gear wheel change

To: europa-list@matronics.com
Subject: Re: Europa-List: Europa tri-gear wheel change
From: Dpc <dpc@knightonweb.com>
Date: Sat, 28 Oct 2023 10:58:12 +0100
Arc-authentication-results: i=1; mx.google.com; spf=pass (google.com: domain of owner-europa-list-server@matronics.com designates 96.68.171.19 as permitted sender) smtp.mailfrom=owner-europa-list-server@matronics.com
Arc-message-signature: i=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=google.com; s=arc-20160816; h=reply-to:precedence:sender:content-transfer-encoding:to:message-id :date:subject:mime-version:from; bh=rVuTSmSI1CATn5hl19+g6k+d/eNhmeHpdo3kVvO6MkE=; fh=TSc/TjETBhvodhpPk22Odkh8ydGz7jv//j7B1ydUATs=; b=JArJ0A7hHIDjdFCMTGbnwciINVQzAMu4tUYoS33GGPB0+RmDxlqTqoS4qYMVChPr7m iRMQ6kx80YgMHPzqk3cSuqFWvrBx+0P1o1UmBuqRoMZNKOUqMtVE63gPS+X1Bb8DKDcF kjG5kfDOnXVg8HFr7FNzCdXoedafXGAKaYavCGxfdDYJYpIogYLMEDM5BKB+uC1RJR1D qie7ZQt3ihJ2J1p6gdqB0sE7Z8yL36fyH7zdnagXYwAmgJrVGkSK+tdCj9vs0vXCeyq1 o5A3wcRLY9QMLQbUz/ONqyhJTxdaYU3SHH1VBBRKQ3OFwTKN2qkso1Q7iSIjqF4xKvru hJYQ==
Arc-seal: i=1; a=rsa-sha256; t=1698487216; cv=none; d=google.com; s=arc-20160816; b=kXtc7lC2yPAMFx/79aPUIbEVtUUEzrNDDT9SFBcSgJbNdR5lApmHAeo+J3ARqJNHmc Eya6WYjIGnOdeziNXopKwVaHc97u1D9HhNndOJuLNnbvBtwyyfDGlbqDECfIf+hP5vzW 4Q/dohjJEFXrlKePozPASfHxPefQqeDRTmMNexumucQVnta92xcABXDfhmNvB7vOttqn r5ujaJL5qXMpUuCfZeDv/JKeqFH/TxM0M+HoCsLmwt/6X5Laa2BNzYBplFqvs4/yns7H avgybX7UiFrUOiMIlI04I36Uv8/HCKVirDCET/YAXkoizdIira6ufbtczdgqvt0BaPqa GmCA==
Sender: owner-europa-list-server@matronics.com
--> Europa-List message posted by: Dpc <dpc@knightonweb.com>

To remove the wheel I insert a snug fitting solid steel bar into the open end
of the axle and jack on that. If you put the jack far enough along the bar away
from the wheel, once you’ve got the wheel loose you can then slide the wheel
onto the steel bar. You can then support the steel bar or axle stub from the
‘inside’ side of the wheel and hence slide the wheel right off. You do need to
be a bit careful not to distort the axle tube, but if the bar fits snugly
enough then I’ve not had a problem with this.

I don’t usually carry the bar with me on trips as it’s quite heavy. Would have
to look for something similar locally if I had a wheel issue away from base!
Maybe a shorter version of the bar might work but you’d then have to rely on
temporarily making a support on the bottom end of the leg to get the wheel off.

You can in theory also jack on this end of the gear leg (ie on the inside of
the wheel) but it’s an awkward shape too fit a jack to and I feel that jacking
there is not very stable.

Hope that helps. Feel free to give me a call if you want more explanation!
Message me directly and I’ll send you a number.

Best regards

David
GBWJH

> On 28 Oct 2023, at 09:47, JonathanMilbank <jdmilbank@yahoo.co.uk> wrote:
>
> --> Europa-List message posted by: "JonathanMilbank" <jdmilbank@yahoo.co.uk>
>
> How do you jack up a tri-gear to make a main wheel tyre repair or
> replacement? What kind of adapter / bracket do you take with you when flying
> away from home base, to facilitate the use of a trolley jack?
>

> Read this topic online here:

_-= Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ,
_-= Photoshare, and much much more:
_-=
_-=   --> http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Europa-List
_-=
_-============================================================
_-=               - MATRONICS WEB FORUMS -
_-= Same great content also available via the Web Forums!
_-=
_-=   --> http://forums.matronics.com
_-=
_-=              - NEW MATRONICS LIST WIKI -
_-= Add some info to the Matronics Email List Wiki!
_-=   --> http://wiki.matronics.com
_-=             - List Contribution Web Site -
_-=  Thank you for your generous support!
_-=                              -Matt Dralle, List Admin.
_-=   --> https://matronics.com/contribution