Europa-List: Re: Making an Europa pretty

Subject: Europa-List: Re: Making an Europa pretty
From: n7188u <chmgarb@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 6 Jul 2023 11:05:53

I will keep posting once in a while. I am now block sanding the ailerons.

If the epoxy is older than 7 days (which in this case it is 2 years) you must
sand
with 180 grit. Then one coat of epoxy primer reduced 10% then two coats of
single stage.

The paint company claims that this plan will hide the 180 marks but I am not
sold
on it. Also, you only have 7 days from application of the epoxy to top coat,
without a need to sand. After that you must re-sand 180 grit.

That is OK in small parts but I am going to switch to epoxy then a coat of
urethane
sealer then sand 600 then very thin epoxy sealer (this could be omitted but
I will try to squeeze it in) then single stage. This sounds like a lot but
the epoxy primer is very thin and light and the urethane sealer extends the
recoat
window to forever. Having to seal a wing or fuselage and then top coat in
7 days may not be possible for someone not retired like me.

And the blinds were just coincidental :) I put the parts in my room and noticed
they make a nice reflection on the parts.

Chris

Read this topic online here: