Re: Europa-List: Beringer wheel

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Beringer wheel
From: John Archer <77alembert@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 1 Mar 2023 09:27:17

Hi Jerry,

I fitted the Beringer wheel 6 years ago and I am very happy with the performance
as the braking is progressive without being too powerful. Make sure you get
the pressure limiter which is what provides that feel.

My system came with the stick mounted brake lever, I hesitated to send it back
but thought I would give it a try especially as Beringer offered to swap it if
I wasnt happy with it.
It took several flights to get used to it because initially you feel like you
should
be doing something with the right hand but once accustomed to it its really
pleasant for just that reason. It frees up your hand to do other tasks when
taxiing but giving you constant control over your braking inputs.
I used the 7 Air Trac tyre on my mono.

As David pointed out an issue could be if you instruct on your aircraft but
thats
not something I envisage doing. I suppose you could add a second brake on the
other stick but it would increase cost and add weight and you wouldnt want
the uninitiated playing with it!

If you have had several pinch punctures you cant be far from a prop strike with
a fully compressed gear and compressed tyre.