Re: Europa-List: inner door handle knob positioning

Subject: Re: Europa-List: inner door handle knob positioning
From: timward <ward.t@xtra.co.nz>
Date: Mon, 23 Jan 2023 07:17:32
=EF=BBHi Rowland,
I have the door knob on the inside face. The safety guard is designed to cov
er the knob in case of inadvertent opening. Made from composite. Some builde
rs I have seen don=99t have a door knob at all. Their safety guard is a
 simple aluminium plate fixed to the window frame covering the handle when d
oor is closed. I have had no problems with my design and a knob is helpful f
or opening the door and holding on to it in windy conditions.
Cheers, Tim

Sent from my iPad
Tim Ward
12 Waiwetu Street,
Fendalton,
Christchurch, 8052
New Zealand.
ward.t@xtra.co.nz
021 0640221

n@gmail.com>

> I tried to post this by e-mail but it didn't show up, so am trying again b
y the website. Have had some feedback via a posting on the Club WhatsApp gro
up but would welcome any other opinions.

> I=99ve reached the stage of making knobs for the inner door handles a
nd am puzzled about the advice in the manual. It calls for the inside handle
 to be cranked inwards so that a knob can be fitted on the outboard face. Th
at seem to be an invitation for scratches on the Perspex from fingernails, r
ings, watches etc.

> Is there any reason the knob cannot be fitted on the inner face of the han
dle, thus keeping the operating hand and its jewellery further from the deli
cate Perspex? I can see that before the advent of the safety guard, having a
 knob on the inner face that could be accidentally caught by a sleeve etc is
 a BAD THING; but the safety guard pretty much eliminates that possibility.

> Now that I=99ve fitted the Perspex in the doors, I can see how much c
learance there is between the handle and the glazing. As it=99s alread
y quite close to the Perspex, I=99d be happy to leave the handle strai
ght and fit a small knob on the inner face.

=========
=========
=========
=========