Europa-List: inner door handle knob positioning

Subject: Europa-List: inner door handle knob positioning
From: Rowland_Carson <rowlandcarson@gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 21 Jan 2023 11:42:49

I tried to post this by e-mail but it didn't show up, so am trying again by the
website. Have had some feedback via a posting on the Club WhatsApp group but
would welcome any other opinions.

Ive reached the stage of making knobs for the inner door handles and am puzzled
about the advice in the manual. It calls for the inside handle to be cranked
inwards so that a knob can be fitted on the outboard face. That seem to be an
invitation for scratches on the Perspex from fingernails, rings, watches etc.

Is there any reason the knob cannot be fitted on the inner face of the handle,
thus keeping the operating hand and its jewellery further from the delicate
Perspex?
I can see that before the advent of the safety guard, having a knob on
the inner face that could be accidentally caught by a sleeve etc is a BAD THING;
but the safety guard pretty much eliminates that possibility.

Now that Ive fitted the Perspex in the doors, I can see how much clearance there
is between the handle and the glazing. As its already quite close to the
Perspex,
Id be happy to leave the handle straight and fit a small knob on the inner
face.

Any comments?

in friendship

Rowland