Europa-List: Re: What did you do with your Europa this week 8/26 - 9/2

Subject: Europa-List: Re: What did you do with your Europa this week 8/26 - 9/2
From: n7188u <chmgarb@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 12 Sep 2022 14:26:53

Sorry for the late reply.

My interior is Zolatone with a coat of satin PU clear. I can get you the color
name if you wish. It actually hides the wrinkles in the vacuum bagged interior
fairly well but I did go out of my way to ensure it would look "good", which
it does. I am very happy with it. Since I have a glider background and my LongEZ
is also finished with Zolatone I do like this look.

It is a bit of work but was not too bad. The interior is cleaned and scuffed,
you
want to make sure your seams and neat and peel plied so that they look nice.
I then sprayed a hybrid epoxy primer in grey. Then the Zolatone (which requires
a pressure pot but they are cheap at Amazon). Then I used a two part satin
PU that you can get in spray cans at the auto paint supply. It really does look
good.

Zolatone is tough and durable. It is designed for places such as school
hallways.
Pretty much cellulose dope. Hard to get these days because it is a bit toxic.

I bought it here:

https://www.autobodytoolmart.com/category/zolatone-paint/

If you asked were to get the tank it came with the kit I purchased. It's part of
a Europa mod. it is nice I have to say.

Best Regards,
Chris

Read this topic online here: