Europa-List: Re: Flying with full down trim

Subject: Europa-List: Re: Flying with full down trim
From: Area-51 <goldsteinindustrial@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 31 Mar 2022 02:27:22

So just to clarify this Pete; was it the trim indicator on the instrument panel
that you set at the full down position? My aircraft flies fine with full down
trim selected though its not very comfortable on departure or approach and
requires
a higher pilot work load. With 2 bars down trim selected my observations
show the aircraft wanting to pitch up on departure as speed increases; again
uncomfortable flying if trim is not adjusted down further.

Interesting point made regarding departure attitude and possible fuel
starvation.
Many factors, haven't read the incident report; was aux fuel pump on? Why did
the pilot elect to take off with such a low fuel reserve? Was reserve position
selected at the fuel valve?

Read this topic online here: