Re: Europa-List: MOD/247/012

Subject: Re: Europa-List: MOD/247/012
From: timward <ward.t@xtra.co.nz>
Date: Sat, 12 Mar 2022 19:52:27
Avi,
Has it become a mandatory Airworthy Directive in Australia? Here in NZ it ha
s, as our CAA tends to follow UK CAA. I have just installed it, not a good l
ook!
Tim

Sent from my iPad
Tim Ward
12 Waiwetu Street,
Fendalton,
Christchurch, 8052
New Zealand.
ward.t@xtra.co.nz
021 0640221

@gmail.com>

> Issues I have with this modification;
> 1. Call me annal, drilling holes into and through the fuselage skin establ
ishes a stress point that may not but could lead to something worse than a d
oor departing the aircraft; this possibility has not been adequately address
ed yet.

> 2. I don=99t believe this modification sufficiently negates the poss
ibility of the inexperienced from still, somehow, getting the door misaligne
d and locked at the same time. Although it is a good attempt and may very we
ll work, lets hope all the time, it still lends itself to operational failur
e. It=99s not 100% idiot proof... And not everyone is nimble enough to
 visually check, so we are back to square one again.

> Best Failsafe Solution Possible - fit two series wired switches to the end
 of each shoot bolt pin, per door, activating a, 100% the door is secured fo
r take off, visual indication lamp on the instrument panel; Left Door Secure
d / Right Door Secured =94=94- Done

> Sorry if I=99ve offended anybody here, I simply come from the school
 of find the hole in the swiss cheese and =9Cdo it right or just go ho
me=9D.

=========
=========
=========