Re: Europa-List: What I am doing with my Europa

Subject: Re: Europa-List: What I am doing with my Europa
From: Pete <peterz@zutrasoft.com>
Date: Mon, 10 Jan 2022 16:00:43

Hi Gary,

Im not clear on what causes the clicking..my mono does too, unless i apply a
little
brake, so i assumed its just the pads rattling around. Could you explain
further?

Cheers and thx!
PeteZ

wrote:

> Sent the last two weeks getting parts and machining work done so I can redo
> the
brakes - problem at first was clicking due to loose bushings - I had the holes
in the brake plate drilled out so it is round (was a bit oval - pre-2006 part).
After disassembly I found the bearings had rotated and there were burn marks
on both the bearings and the axles. Apparently I didn't tighten the bearing
nut enough - talks with Bud and reading the instructions a bit more carefully
---From Matco  should take care  of this problem - plus I got the new style
Matco
nuts for the axle that incorporates a washer with the nut.

> My secondary airspeed and TruTrak autopilot had too much leakage for my 2 year
IFR cert. So time to buy some new instruments. I am installing a uAvionics
AV-20A
that does everything but pop corn. I wanted it for the attitude indicator
and backup airspeed indicator for my GRT HX. My faithful 2 axis Trutrax
autopilot
also bit the dust on the last flight losing nav and track heading ability
on my 10 year old system. I checked if they can be fixed but Trutrax has been
purchased by Bendix which doesn't support any early TruTrax products.  I am
putting in the GRT autopilot servos (available in a few weeks - and no, the HX
system doesn't work with the Trutrak servos but they should bolt right in - yes
I also believe in the Easter Bunny). I do pick up another axis on the autopilot
as the HX will pick up the glide slope as well as heading and altitude.

> As the panel is out (mine comes out easily - about 20 minutes) I am also going
to put in USB plugs (replacing the present cigarette lighter plugs for the IPAD
and Stratus). I keep running into problems with the IPAD and Stratus running
out of power due to the present cigarette lighter plugs vibrating and breaking
the charging circuit. I am also going to replace the batteries in my IPAD
and Stratus - I do carry a second IPAD and am thinking of buying a new Stratus.
I am also going to install the cable and USB port for the AirMaster prop
settings
(labelled as such of course).

> However, it is 28 degrees F at the airport so it may be a few days before I
> get
to work.

> Presently without an airplane - my backup club Mooney is sitting at Midway
> airport
with a bent prop (not me, another club member)- we are waiting for a new
prop and engine. Avemco paid out 70% of the value of our insurance (and offered
to pay the entire $45,000 on the policy). We decided to keep the plane and
put in a new engine and prop - the math worked out but of course they promptly
cancelled our insurance and made it clear they don't want our business, at least
with this plane (they are getting out of the club insurance business.) Engine
is coming in about another two months and we have arranged with someone at
Midway to install the new prop and engine.

> Worse, I must go back to work next week - was on sabbatical for the fall of
> 2021
and was getting used to being paid with no work necessary. But another 3
semesters
and I will bid goodbye to academia. Then I can get more serious about
his flying stuff.

> Dr. Gary Leinberger
> Accounting and Finance Department
> Lombardo College of Business
> Millersville University
> McComsey 340
> gleinberger@millersville.edu

On Behalf Of Europa-List Digest Server
> Sent: Monday, January 10, 2022 2:35 AM
> To: Europa-List Digest List <europa-list-digest@matronics.com>
> Subject: Europa-List Digest: 2 Msgs - 01/09/22
>
> CAUTION: This email originated from outside of Millersville. Do not click
> links
or open attachments unless you recognize the sender and know the content is
safe.

> *

>   Online Versions of Today's List Digest Archive
>
> Today's complete Europa-List Digest can also be found in either of the two Web
Links listed below.  The .html file includes the Digest formatted in HTML for
viewing with a web browser and features Hyperlinked Indexes and Message
Navigation.
The .txt file includes the plain ASCII version of the Europa-List Digest
and can be viewed with a generic text editor such as Notepad or with a web
browser.

> HTML Version:
>

> http://www.matronics.com/digest/digestview.php?Style=82701&View=html&Chapter
> 22-01-09&Archive=Europa
>
> Text Version:
>

> http://www.matronics.com/digest/digestview.php?Style=82701&View=txt&Chapter
> 22-01-09&Archive=Europa

>   EMail Version of Today's List Digest Archive
>

>           ----------------------------------------------------------
>                           Europa-List Digest Archive
>                                      ---
>                     Total Messages Posted Sun 01/09/22: 2
>           ----------------------------------------------------------
>

> Today's Message Index:
> ----------------------
>
>     1. 06:33 AM - Re: What did you do with your Europa this week, 1/3 - 1/10
(Pete)
>     2. 01:38 PM - Re: What did you do with your Europa this week, 1/3 - 1/10
(h&amp;jeuropa)

> ________________________________  Message 1
> _____________________________________
>

> From: Pete <peterz@zutrasoft.com>
> Subject: Re: Europa-List: What did you do with your Europa this week, 1/3 -
> 1/10
>

> Just aimless local buzzing around flights for another few hours when weather
permits, dropping into a few local airports and getting more familiarized with
my aoa and slower landing speeds. All good fun.

> Cheers,
> PeteZ
> C-GNPZ mono classic
>
>> On Jan 4, 2022, at 8:30 AM, h&amp;jeuropa <butcher43@att.net> wrote:
>>

>> Starting thread for this week.  Snow in Michigan so runway closed.
>>

>> Read this topic online here:
>>
>> http://forums.matronics.com/viewtopic.php?p=505589#505589

> Subject: Europa-List: Re: What did you do with your Europa this week, 1/3 -
> 1/10
> From: "h&amp;jeuropa" <butcher43@att.net>
>

> Got a foot of snow and below freezing temps, so no flying.  Used gcmap.com to
make a map of this year's flights.  Lots of close by, short flights.