Europa-List: Re: What did you do with your Europa this week, 1/3 - 1/10

Subject: Europa-List: Re: What did you do with your Europa this week, 1/3 - 1/10
From: n7188u <chmgarb@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 10 Jan 2022 06:34:44

Wife said she was not flying in out Europa unless we got a new engine for it so,
on the day of her birthday, she bought me one . What an angle she is (well,
I have known that for 32 years) :) Kidding aside, the motivation for the swap
is since the airplane is flying so great and that we want to fly this airplane
a lot across the country (and maybe take it to Europe if I can still fly when
we retire) we figured that starting with a fresh engine would bring increased
peace of mind.

Lockwood happened to have an engine in stock so Saturday, my son and I, drove to
Sebring to pick it up. Mr. Lockwood himself, together with two more employees)
helped me muscle the engine on my truck despite the fact that they are closed
on Saturday. Nice people. This certainly happened a lot quicker than I expected
(I thought I was not going to be able to get an engine for a year so the
plan was to keep flying the airplane with the current engine).

I placed my 100 hr since iRMT Repair Center rebuilt engine for sale at
Barnstormers
if anyone is interested. The engine runs very well but I did have some issues
with it that I hope are resolved (our local iRMT technician thinks so) so
if anyone is interested give me a call and I'll tell you the whole story. Last
thing I want is a Europa friend to be upset with me over this.

So the engine is off the plane and will get ready to install the new one this
week.

Chris

Read this topic online here:

Attachments: