Re: Europa-List: Powerslide Wheels

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Powerslide Wheels
From: Pete Zut <peterz@zutrasoft.com>
Date: Tue, 4 Jan 2022 12:25:33
So  a quick update on my foam-filled outrigger wheel performance.  They are
balanced well enough, but without any air pressure I do find the tire does
slip on the wheel from landing wheel spin-up - which would make balancing
interesting.  I figure if I needed to balance exactly, I would attempt a
'bead-lock' using strategically placed wood-type screws. Haven't gone there
yet. Their awesome bearings allow the wheels to spin up in flight (not
great), but my simple/light/cheap rubbing fender appears to have eliminated
that.

That said, I am extremely happy with their performance, much better wear,
light weight (less G-streses on the outrigger and flap), elimination of the
'hammering' of the outrigger mechanisms when using the hard stock wheel on
tarmac, and quietness (totally silent/drowned out by the tailwheel noise).

Cheers,
Pete

On Tue, Jan 4, 2022 at 10:47 AM Erich Trombley <erichdtrombley@juno.com>
wrote:

> Chris,
>
> After learning what Pete Z. and Ron P. were doing with the Powerslide
> wheels I ordered one from InlineWarehouse.com to give it a try.  I have
> since ordered a second one.
>

> https://www.inlinewarehouse.com/search-inline.html?sort=no&start=0&co
unt=30&searchtext=Road+warrior+