Re: Europa-List: Re: Mono tire size - debate?

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Re: Mono tire size - debate?
From: Pete <peterz@zutrasoft.com>
Date: Mon, 3 Jan 2022 09:15:20

Fwiw, i appreciate the higher deck deck angle to be able to stall it on, tail
slightly
first with less of a main wheel drop/bounce.  I also enjoy the 4 (on a
single side) outrigger clearance to be able to keep flying both off the runway
when conditions allow. I guess the side to side teetering is a personal
preference/objection
:-)

John, do you know if the 8 Air Trac can be used on the Beringer wheel? Id love
to switch.the stock caliper misalignment and poor wear etc is terrible.

Cheers!
PeteZ :)

> On Jan 3, 2022, at 4:29 AM, JohnFrance <77alembert@gmail.com> wrote:
>

> Hi all,
> This debate is quite interesting, I am using a 7 Air Trac tyre with 22 psi on
a Beringer wheel. I tried pressures around 28 psi but found the extra height
made the aircrafts lateral stability or rather lack of it disturbing, especially
on hard surfaced runways as the aircraft would teeter from side to side inducing
yaw which is unpleasant (mono drivers will know what I mean). My outriggers
are standard lengths.