Re: Europa-List: Rotax Cooling Air Baffle

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Rotax Cooling Air Baffle
From: GTH <gilles.thesee@free.fr>
Date: Mon, 25 Oct 2021 10:55:39
Le 24/10/2021  19:04, rparigoris a crit:

> Hi Group Has anyone flying with Rotax Cooling Air Baffle modified the internal
flow to give cylinders #3 and #4 a little more flow compared to the front two
cylinders? How about with a 914 even giving #3 a little more flow compared to
#4? This coming week going to test mine with a leaf blower. Thx. Ron

Hello Ron and all,

We installed the Rotax air baffle on our 914 and made some measurements
at the time.

Here are some considerations :

With adequate sealing around the baffle and some pressure recovery
(expanding inlet), all 4 cylinders get enough cooling air.

Only the #1 gets some extra blast from the "bizarre" Rotax inlet.

Due to liquid cooling, the cylinder heads are good "temperature sources"
and the cylinder temps never exceeded 100/120 C.

FWIW,

--
Best regards
Gilles