Re: Europa-List: Rotax Cooling Air Baffle

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Rotax Cooling Air Baffle
From: D McFadyean <amimcfadyean@talktalk.net>
Date: Sun, 24 Oct 2021 18:46:22

I have under-baffles with the airhood to split the air that passes down between
each pair of cylinders (to direct this on to the underside of each cylinder)
and therefore to maximise any benefit of the air passing through the airhood.
Don't know if they work or not, I've never instrumented the cylinders (apart
from
one cylinder wall thermocouple during commissioning, per Rotax recommendation).

Duncan Mcf.

> On 24 October 2021 at 18:04 rparigoris <rparigor@hotmail.com> wrote:
>

> Hi Group Has anyone flying with Rotax Cooling Air Baffle modified the internal
flow to give cylinders #3 and #4 a little more flow compared to the front two
cylinders? How about with a 914 even giving #3 a little more flow compared to
#4? This coming week going to test mine with a leaf blower. Thx. Ron