europa-list

Europa-List: Re: TriGear - storage at home vs on an airfield

To: europa-list@matronics.com
Subject: Europa-List: Re: TriGear - storage at home vs on an airfield
From: "italianjon" <jon.catilli@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 1 Oct 2021 01:19:58 -0700
Arc-authentication-results: i=1; mx.google.com; spf=neutral (google.com: 96.68.171.1 is neither permitted nor denied by best guess record for domain of owner-europa-list-server@matronics.com) smtp.mailfrom=owner-europa-list-server@matronics.com; dmarc=fail (p=NONE sp=QUARANTINE dis=NONE) header.from=gmail.com
Arc-message-signature: i=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=google.com; s=arc-20160816; h=reply-to:precedence:sender:content-transfer-encoding:to:date:from :subject:message-id:mime-version; bh=ghoMiK+nv7e8A/y7MPWgejjEhQiunJdwkqTk6lRJKvg=; b=mHZstcNEagJ04o1ZfsNtPic2EjJB41ATz59twV4p5lci0E4a12hv/r6vUDCGyQBvJ0 OeDSz2ooPYiO98tyqICFC+JoIDqSM7pgo5FCOOBgF7DlUBga8P5whFFj29a2ywnWt7bH J4rl4uHITdro131z3uZYdwmjOLHgreR53HBkXB1IxhKc3TYlBjD0HTapl1GphkwcPh5n 1hGFT2p0FpJrZb7XbazOfP5l03psAiptzRvT5iw3Au29E1rZ7bGcqzl5HADdNwQetJfD rwIZ5AI6UhV45WkIgDv7CM+KVJ0Z8D9y+lcrFYcOZU+DsOCdhi2HsAigNYIcc/NNayUJ krnw==
Arc-seal: i=1; a=rsa-sha256; t=1633076556; cv=none; d=google.com; s=arc-20160816; b=pGOPq+dGIFl7h+vOtcww2CL+Cnc4FT7nh7qmomx43eOVG7OJbH00uTmXuRV0+o2/XK N4JXfMvWmpfrtxGZFIqmVrGOdo00WYH9khgYsQaDdAglTwMsX0awheah6XTWoTYhDfcB 2e4d2RhCiTr0Gmchv2udADvG7OOkYOl/k1sq+EjnPn+JUXCYNQy3HT1ryggTd0eVFwDS /owwDBHsXeR8MmmhohxNw8DrW0edvGednYCEuLcRDZfndAEagWJbPBpr+SZ/kzTlAOYa U2Fdb9V2cooNS1n44yevQ88Qf0p4SfZSC7/rWmyINHt3w22FO2irAyl8Ab4GeR5bpca2 W73w==
Sender: owner-europa-list-server@matronics.com
--> Europa-List message posted by: "italianjon" <jon.catilli@gmail.com>

Hi Peter,

I have flown a mono for years, and operated it from a hangar and at home from a
trailer. I can share my experiences of both.

Hangar - Just pull her out and fly. Drop of the hat round robins possible. Drop
of the hat meetings possible at very no-notice.

Trailer - Tedious! Although it is not difficult to rig and derig, which I do at
the moment, it is enough of a hassle, that my flying is reduced. There are
afternoons I look out at a blue sky and think, "Oh wow, I'll go for a round
robin", but then think "OK, pack the car with the rigging jigs, pull the
trailer out of the garage to attach it to the car, drive to the airfield, rig
the plane on the apron, drive the trailer to a suitable area to leave it out of
the way of other airfield users, walk back to the plane, fly.... then do again
in reverse" and I lose the motivation. When I have a friend with me, or I am
meeting up with other Europa fliers, e.g. DOTHs etc. then I keep the motivation
to push through the hassle factor.

My personal preference is hangar, but have a trailer handy! When you need to
transport the aircraft, the trailer is available. But, it is more peace of
mind, in all of the years I have had the Europa and Trailer, I have only "had"
to trailer the aircraft for maintenance support, in a non-flyable condition,
once.

I'm on the waiting list for a hangar space at my local airfield, and I am
looking forward to the day that it comes!! (But I am starting to think about
something a bit further afield for a hangar space also - because I want to
"Just jump in and fly" back)

My advice, think carefully about the hassle factor, and can you put up with it.
If you can then trailer at home is a good solution.

Best

Jon

Read this topic online here:

_-= Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ,
_-= Photoshare, and much much more:
_-=
_-=   --> http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Europa-List
_-=
_-============================================================
_-=               - MATRONICS WEB FORUMS -
_-= Same great content also available via the Web Forums!
_-=
_-=   --> http://forums.matronics.com
_-=
_-=              - NEW MATRONICS LIST WIKI -
_-= Add some info to the Matronics Email List Wiki!
_-=   --> http://wiki.matronics.com
_-=             - List Contribution Web Site -
_-=  Thank you for your generous support!
_-=                              -Matt Dralle, List Admin.
_-=   --> http://www.matronics.com/contribution