Europa-List: Oil pressure increases with altitude - Update

Subject: Europa-List: Oil pressure increases with altitude - Update
From: William Daniell <wdaniell.longport@gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 18 Sep 2021 20:44:08
A wise man once told me that while piston engines might not be as reliable
as turbines, the good thing is that they warn you when something is wrong
before it goes badly wrong.

The photo is of the turbo oil pressure feed line.  This time it wasn't me -
it was my mechanic who is normally meticulous.  The line was routed so that
it touched the exhaust.  While there was no oil leak there must have been
some kind of effect.
[image: image.png]

So the line now replaced, oil and filter changed etc and the oil pressure
is steady from sea level through to 5000.

Bud was right - it did have something to do with the turbo

William Daniell
LONGPORT
+1 786 878 0246