Re: Europa-List: ofcom gobbledegook ??

Subject: Re: Europa-List: ofcom gobbledegook ??
From: Paul Munford <pmdental@btinternet.com>
Date: Sat, 28 Aug 2021 10:39:14
Alan/Brian,

Thankyou so much !

Extremely helpful & reassuring.

Regards        Paul Munford

From: Alan Burrill
Sent: Saturday, August 28, 2021 9:06 AM

This is what I have done for my aircraft and installation. I have
attached to the aircraft documents the following:

I have undertaken an assessment required by Ofcom to determine the risk
of exposure to harmful EMF radiation from equipment installed and
determined the following.

FLARM Equipment: The radiated power is below that required for an
assessment.

VHF Handheld Radio: The radiated power is below that required for
assessment.

VHF Radio: The  manufactures stated specification for nominal output
power is 6 watt. The radio is used for less than 90 seconds in any 6
minute period and is therefore compliant.

Transponder: I have undertaken an assessment an determined that with a
manufactures specified output of 125 watt and a duty cycle of 0.55% the
radiated power is less than 4 watt. The compliance distance required is
determined as less than 26cm (0.26m). The antenna is mounted in the rear
fuselage and is more than 26 cm from the passenger compartment and is is
only selected to transmit prior to take-of and deselected as part of the
after landing checks.

>From the above assessment I have determined that there is no risk of EMF
exposure to the General Public from any transmitter equipment installed
in this aircraft.

This is specific to my aircraft but hope that helps.

Alan Burrill

PS I am a retired radar engineer and provided the technical
feedback/advice on compliance to the CAA and Ofcom through AOPA.

Sent from my iPad

  On 28 Aug 2021, at 07:52, Alan Burrill <alanb@dpy01.co.uk> wrote:

  =EF=BBFrom the AOPA Website:

https://www.aopa.co.uk/news-media/selected-news/item/745-ofcom-emf-guidan
ce-for-aeronautical-radio-users.html

  Alan Burrill

  Sent from my iPad

    On 27 Aug 2021, at 20:51, Paul Munford <pmdental@btinternet.com>
wrote:

    =EF=BB
    To =93 Brian Davies

    re =93 Ofcom,....Try as I might I cannot find any reference to
this on the LAA website ?

    Any clues as to it=99s whereabouts please on the site ?

    Thankyou

    Paul