Europa-List: N11EU Update

Subject: Europa-List: N11EU Update
From: n7188u <chmgarb@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 27 Aug 2021 08:17:42

Hi,

Just sending a note to test the forum (and take the opportunity to share my new
Europa experience). I have not seen an update in the Europa forum for a while
but apparently it is fixed.

On the Europa side of things, N11EU is doing great and I now have about 70 hrs
(have never flown any airplane I have owned so much in such little time). Still
not painted but flying great. I have installed NACA vents that work fantastic
and a Kroger Sunshade. The NACA scoops were designed using strict design
guidelines
and I have to say it's a hurricane in the cockpit and I only have one
vent installed! (planning on installing a second one). I still don't have
carpets.

I installed a uAvionix AV-30 when the bozo that did the transponder check blew
all my pitot-static instruments and it has been the joy of my panel. Neat
instrument.

I am now spending a lot of time designing proper cushions (again, reading a lot
of studies about proper car seat design and have made some interesting
discoveries).
It seems I will end up with an acceptable design considering the serious
challenges of how to make cushions for the Europa. I will share the design
and knowledge learned if anyone is interested.

The airplane is doing great with the DUC prop and I am very happy with it. This
is summer in Florida, and despite the heat, I can see 1000 fpm climbs while
still
cruise at 135 knots at 5200 RPM. However, at 4800 - 4900 RPM the engine is
incredibly smooth (why?) so I am spending more time at that regime seeing around
125 to 130 knots cruise while enjoying a relaxing ride.

I have to report that I have become much more proficient at landing my mono
although
this is not the windy season here so haven't really tested my skills in
gusty or stiff crosswind conditions.  But now I have learned the technique to
grease almost every landing and actually enjoy them (no more anxiety). The
picture
attached shows me landing at my home airport. A bit nose high but have found
this technique to work well consistently.

I have been flying some nice x-countries to places around 120ish miles away or
so and it's a lot of fun. I have taken some passengers up including my wife,
kids
and a friend one time. Boy you can feel the extra weight!

Well, that is about it. I will continue small improvements as I am planning to
work on the speed fairings next. Don't expect a much of a gain but let see.
Heck,
if I can get 5 knots more I will be very happy.

Well, lets see if this message goes through.
Chris

Read this topic online here:

Attachments:

http://forums.matronics.com//files/n11eu_landing_826.jpg