Europa-List: Question for United States friends regarding E10 fuel

Subject: Europa-List: Question for United States friends regarding E10 fuel
From: JonathanMilbank <jdmilbank@yahoo.co.uk>
Date: Sat, 10 Jul 2021 08:49:18

I'll get straight to my question which is "Does anyone in the United States
experience
problems in Europa aircraft fitted with Rotax 912 engines when using E10
gasoline purchased from filling stations?"

Several weeks ago I posed this question to European pilots and got 2 replies
indicating
that they don't have problems using E10, which we are about to have introduced
in the UK in September.

When I first addressed this question the Europeans, I was unaware that E10 has
been used in the USA for a few years. I only discovered this today, when I
stumbled across a video entitled "Is Ethanol Bad For Your Car's Engine?" by one
of my favorite automotive engineering experts.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ATGSBi1kBl0

Of course wear isn't the perceived risk factor for aircraft engines; it's water,
carburettor icing, vaporisation and phase separation which are the causes of
concern. These aspects weren't covered deeply in the video, which wasn't
concerned
with aircraft.

Several contributions were elicited on the forum when I last raised the topic,
so I'm not seeking replies from outside North America, thanks. of course wear
isn't the perceived risk factor for aircraft engines; it's water, carburettor
icing and phase separation which are the causes of concern.

http://forum.matronics.com/viewtopic.php?t=16776903

Read this topic online here: