Europa-List: Re: Jacking Mono

Subject: Europa-List: Re: Jacking Mono
From: JohnFrance <77alembert@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 21 Jun 2021 04:44:31

I jack my aircraft using an ATV jack that can be purchased at a reasonable price
with custom made jig that takes the weight of the aircraft on the LG01 frame.
A rubber strip ensures no damage is done to the paint.
I have since cut away the front side of the jig to allow room for the cowl flap
that I added and the lower cowling can be left in place during jacking. Best
to place trestles under the wing to avoid lateral tipping of the aircraft.

I found jacking the aircraft under the wings requires about 20kg to hold the
tail
down and the underside of the wings are not reinforced like the walkways.

I should make a jig for use when traveling though!

--------
Europa mono Nr 192

Read this topic online here:

Attachments: