Re: Europa-List: Re: Jacking Mono

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Re: Jacking Mono
From: Alan Twigg <alan.twigg775@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 20 Jun 2021 16:42:27
Hi David, I copied the design.

And have the moulds on loan.
Regards
Alan

Sent from my iPad

> On 20 Jun 2021, at 12:19, davidjoyce@doctors.org.uk wrote:
>
> James, Perhaps you will allow me to answer that question! The dolly I have
 is a one off constructed by Roger Target many years ago, but I have seen a n
umber of others build dollies along similar lines or with a wooden base (alt
hough the latter are difficult, but not impossible  to construct in a way wh
ich allows the plane to be lifted off the wheel. The starting point is a sti
ff splash moulding of the front part of the fuselage bottom, using multiple l
ayers of fibreglass. This then needs to be covered with some padding materia
l such as neoprene and attached to some form of  framework. As you will see i
n the picture, mine has a clever hinging metal structure which can be expand
ed with a system made of two cheap car jacks. Further clever features are tw
o holes drilled in the fibre glass bit on each side through which large wing
 nutted bolts go into corresponding holes in the fuselage where captive nuts
 are located, thus allowing the fuselage to be securely fixed to the dolly s
econdly just in front of the wheels are steel pieces with a hole through whi
ch further wing nuts can be screwed to securely locate the dolly and its att
ached fuselage in my covered trailer. It fits under the fus with the front e
dge just behind the rear of the cowlings. The dolly can and fairly frequentl
y is used by friends who lack the fixing captive nuts in their fuselage by s
imply keeping the rear of the dolly in contact with the plane by passing lon
g straps though the doors and round the dolly. Could send more pictures if r
equired.

> David Joyce, GXSDJ
>

>> On 2021-06-20 10:44, Mallard wrote:
>>

>> Hello All,
>> Does anyone or the Europa Club have drawings for the proprietary 'Dolly' t
o which David Joyce refers in his post?

pener noreferrer">http://wiki.matronics.com<        - List Contribution Web S
it                         a href="http://www.matronics.com/contribution"; t
arget="_blank" rel="n=======