Re: Europa-List: Europa Monowheel - Cross Country Flying Machine

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Europa Monowheel - Cross Country Flying Machine
From: D McFadyean <amimcfadyean@talktalk.net>
Date: Tue, 1 Jun 2021 18:31:07
<<typically at 2/3's runway.>>

How long is the runway and what surface/condition?

I'm 'struggling' with the acceleration of a new prop I'm trying and would like
a comparison.

Duncan McF.

> On 01 June 2021 at 17:20 Pete Zut <peterz@zutrasoft.com> wrote:
>
>     Further to Erich's excellent comments, fwiw, in the std mono, if full
> flaps
is causing issues on a short strip, I pull the flaps up partially once airborne
(my speed builds quickly once off the ground), allowing for better climb.
I have not yet found it to be limiting, other than it pops off a bumpy strip
prematurely.

>     On a typical longer runway, I simply let the speed build to Vx before
> stowing
the flaps all the way in one motion - typically at 2/3's runway.

>     In my XS "dream" build, I am leaving them coupled. I like keeping things
simple :)

>     Cheers
>     PeteZ
>
>     On Tue., Jun. 1, 2021, 11:50 a.m. Erich Trombley,
> <erichdtrombley@juno.com mailto:erichdtrombley@juno.com > wrote:
>

> >         Chris,
> >
> >         Glad to hear you had a nice cross country.  While it is true I have
the ability to choose something less than full flaps for landing, I make all
my landings full flaps, even in windy/gusty conditions.  The view over the nose
is better, plus a lower touchdown speed and less float.  As mentioned in my
original post I do, however, use partial flaps for takeoff.