Re: Europa-List: Europa Monowheel - Cross Country Flying Machine

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Europa Monowheel - Cross Country Flying Machine
From: Pete Zut <peterz@zutrasoft.com>
Date: Tue, 1 Jun 2021 12:20:31
Further to Erich's excellent comments, fwiw, in the std mono, if full flaps
is causing issues on a short strip, I pull the flaps up partially once
airborne (my speed builds quickly once off the ground), allowing for better
climb. I have not yet found it to be limiting, other than it pops off a
bumpy strip prematurely.

On a typical longer runway, I simply let the speed build to Vx before
stowing the flaps all the way in one motion - typically at 2/3's runway.

In my XS "dream" build, I am leaving them coupled. I like keeping things
simple :)

Cheers
PeteZ