Europa-List: Re: Water Drain

Subject: Europa-List: Re: Water Drain
From: Griffo <scangriffin@bigpond.com.au>
Date: Wed, 12 May 2021 16:42:26

All good comments Bud and I would never suggest you change from the "tried &
true"
if you are happy to stay with it.

Just wanted to let you know, that in my opinion, a better alternative is now
available.

A few points;

Your A&P should understand that the hose size must be correct for the fittings
and that the hose clamp is primarily for security (hose retention) not leak
prevention.

Further, tightening hose clamps to the level suggest by your story can only lead
to damaged leaking hoses.
Don't know why the FI hoses would be so hard - I use exclusively Gates FI  fuel
hose (made by good old Uncle Sam), in 12 years have never had a problem with
fitting or leaking.
I also noticed your photos show regular "garden" type hose clamps - my advise
- change to FI hose clamps (even if you dont want to use FI hose)

--------
46

Read this topic online here: