Europa-List: Re: Idle adjustment

Subject: Europa-List: Re: Idle adjustment
From: budyerly@msn.com <budyerly@msn.com>
Date: Mon, 10 May 2021 18:55:38

There are photos of my throttle stops for both the 914 and it also works for the
912 series Europa Throttle box on the Europa Club website Builders section Bud
Yerly notes  Throttle friction is the title.

Over the years I have done this mod and it is simple and it works.
Normally I set my idle to about 1600 hot on a warm day at the carb stop.  Then
bump the throttle stop up to 1800 for winter and about 1700 ish for summer.

Warning, you may need to crack the throttle on the 912S a bit to get up quickly
to 2000 RPM otherwise it will shake like the dickens when on a cold start.

Best Regards,
Bud Yerly

Read this topic online here: