Europa-List: Re: UMA RPM gauge with Rotax 914

Subject: Europa-List: Re: UMA RPM gauge with Rotax 914
From: rparigoris <rparigor@hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 29 Apr 2021 20:24:21

Hi Trevor
I looked close at my 914 UMA Tach install tonight for you. On Tach Red gets
power
through a 1 amp circuit breaker. Black I have going to my firewall single point
ground (field of tabs). The White wire goes to TCU #13. TCU #26 goes to my
firewall single point ground.

I suspect pin #13 and #26 are connected to a coil and probably doesn't matter,
but if you look close at the schematics I directed you towards it does show #26
with a (-) and that's the one I am sending to ground.

A few more notes on the UMA Gauge:
If you send it to UMA they can install a Red warning LED that will come on if
you
over-speed. Also they can install internal EL (Electro Luminescence). If you
didn't want to send them your gauge, you can install an EL Light Bezel if your
gauge is 2 1/4" or 3 1/8".:
https://www.aircraftspruce.com/catalog/inpages/umabezellight.php?clickkey=3738

I have a number of their 1 1/4" gauges and the only option there is internal EL.

I'm using the White which is a high color temp and is kinda white blue. We are
pretty able to match color temp to LEDs. The EL needs a power supply to generate
AC.

Ron P.

Read this topic online here: