Europa-List: Europa Classic Pre Purchase Advice

Subject: Europa-List: Europa Classic Pre Purchase Advice
From: Griffo <scangriffin@bigpond.com.au>
Date: Wed, 28 Apr 2021 19:45:16

I have just completed my finale purchase inspection of a Europa Classic.

If the purchase proceeds, I will probably replace the transceiver

As you will know the Europa's composite skin facilitates the installation of an
internal transceiver antenna. I this case a dipole, in the vertical tail/fin.

My question is: Is the dipole inherently "tuned" ? or could it require SWR
adjustment
?

In my research, I checked every Europa Mandatory& Recommended Modification - all
Mandatory's have been done EXCEPT a LAA "Standard Modification"  No SM11906,
Issue 2, "Stabilator Torque Tube Drive Assembly Your comments/advice on this
omission wold be much appreciated

--------
46

Read this topic online here: