Europa-List: YAAP! Yet Another App

Subject: Europa-List: YAAP! Yet Another App
From: rampil <ira.rampil@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 25 Apr 2021 06:51:31

Greetings All,

I tried to get this out for Sun and Fun, but the Apple review process
slowed me down a bit.  I did get a good chance to test the app there
though as anyone who stopped by Bud's Airmaster booth probably saw.

This new app is called "Plane Nosy" and its function is to scan a picture
of an aircraft with its registration number showing (US N-numbers only
at the moment, until I find a reliable public source for other countries
civil aviation data!).  The app uses machine vision AI to read the number
in real-time, look it up, and display the public info such as Model, Owner,
Engine,
etc.

Being at SnF allowed field testing against some pretty "interesting" paint
schemes, but my algorithms worked extremely well.  You can however edit
the number, or type it in from scratch if you wish.

Plane Nosy is available for iOS devices in the Apple App Store at:
https://apps.apple.com/tt/app/plane-nosy/id1562366457?ign-mpt=uo%3D2

While you are at the App Store, search for "Aviametrix" to see the other
aviation
apps I've written.

Sorry Android guys, the variety of hardware in the market does not generally
include the uniform, custom neural network AI hardware built-in to the past five
years of iPhones and iPads.

--------
Ira N224XS

Read this topic online here: