Re: Europa-List: SnF

Subject: Re: Europa-List: SnF
From: Pete Zut <peterz@zutrasoft.com>
Date: Thu, 8 Apr 2021 17:50:54
re: weather:  ya, it's like that every. single. year.   for us
north-easters..... always blocking fronts rolling through

:-(

-PeteZ

On Thu, Apr 8, 2021 at 5:45 PM Bud Yerly <budyerly@msn.com> wrote:

> Anita and I will be there.
>
> Watch the weather up North.  It's nice down here but you have to get here
> from there.
>

> Heck getting 12AY the 5 miles from Plant City Airport to Lakeland may hav
> to be by road.
> My freshly top overhauled engine is leaking oil from the turbo components
> like rain.  I'm throwing time and parts at that now.  The last oil leak i
> at the oil catch can area under the turbo (which is wet between the split
> also) and believe it or not, my hose from the turbo outlet to the manifol
> is full of oil and leaking.  What a mess.  Hopefully, I can troubleshoot
> that and find a less costly fix than I fear the symptoms are leading to.
> On top of that, although all went extremely well during high power flight
> test climbs, stalls, cruise and engine data checks I did some touch and
> goes and after a short/soft field full stop landing, I was feeling good o
> taxi back then I find the voltage down to 12 and the amps at -2 at idle
> power.  It never does that.  It is always 13 minimum and slightly
> positive.  I ran it up to 2500 and the voltage rose a bit as did the amps
> indicating there is some life there. Then I saw a small pool of oil under
> the turbo. Either the voltage regulat!
>  or has failed (I just put that on in 2007) or my stator has died (I
> repaired that in 2006).  Frankly a 14 year old part on a 20 year old engi
ne
> should last forever don't you think?  Except it is an airplane of course.
> So back to the airport in the morning to pull the cowl, test the stator,
> replace the regulator, and find the oil leak and hopefully fix it for
> sure.   Backup plan is load the plane on the trailer and haul it as time
is
> growing short.  Life is an adventure, and I'm up for it.
>
> Bud and Anita Yerly
>
> Custom Flight Creations, Inc.
> US Airmaster Dealer
> Europa N12AY at S'nF site N55.

matronics.com%2Fviewtopic.php%3Fp%3D501320%23501320&amp;data=04%7C01%7C%7
Cfa68e5a4269f4b4dd97108d8faaac561%7C84df9e7fe9f640afb435aaaaaaaaaaaa%7C1%7C
0%7C637534958644181269%7CUnknown%7CTWFpbGZsb3d8eyJWIjoiMC4wLjAwMDAiLCJQIjoi
V2luMzIiLCJBTiI6Ik1haWwiLCJXVCI6Mn0%3D%7C1000&amp;sdata=BZ74UgBRJ%2Fso98N
jtmsNNk%2Bepy5Cxm84WlLDH2ll7bg%3D&amp;reserved=0