Europa-List: Re: N11EU (kit A291) Flies

Subject: Europa-List: Re: N11EU (kit A291) Flies
From: n7188u <chmgarb@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 7 Apr 2021 12:53:31

Thank you Bud. And apologies for not replying sooner since I initially missed
your
reply.

I will digest all this info. I can tell you that I did the 1000'/135kts test
since
it was easy to do by removing the pitot/static mast at the wing. It showed
no leaks. I assume this will discard any leaks at the instrument or panel level
since it is all connected.

I completed the IAS check and it is within a couple of knots. Very accurate.

I will proceed to trouble shoot the components as you indicate. The Winter is
new
(but has been sitting for a long time). The altimeter is a quality TSO unit
that looks like new but I bought used so a little suspicion there. I will
isolate
and test.

Regarding flying N11EU, I love it, but the landing in anything other than calm
or very light winds has been a bit of a challenge (hard rwy). I also find that
my airplane floats and floats and floats. I got my speed down to 55 over the
numbers before the flare and that helps a little. I am touching down at around
45-40 (checked by on-board video, ASI vs GPS). Anything higher than that and
it's main first (bad). If there is a little bit of gusty wind that makes for an
interesting flare and being that slow worries me a little.

But I am getting better. 7 hours so far. Sweet flying airplane.

Best Regards,
Chris

Read this topic online here: