Re: Europa-List: 914 Servo Problem -- broken copper wiper -- is there

Subject: Re: Europa-List: 914 Servo Problem -- broken copper wiper -- is there
From: GTH <gilles.thesee@free.fr>
Date: Tue, 23 Mar 2021 23:42:51
Le 21/03/2021  00:00, PCahill a crit:

> Has anyone else seen this?  Can I buy a gear with the copper wipers, or maybe
just the wipers themselves?  This happened suddenly: 2 weekends ago everything
was perfect, last weekend -- blinking light.  This weekend -- disassemble until
problem found.  I can't imagine that I'm the only one with what amounts to
a potentiometer with a bad wiper.  This is certainly not a $500 failure (cost
of new servo).  Thanks.

N914TX,

Interesting damage indeed ! Thanks for sharing.

The good news is, the servo is a motorcycle unit which can be bought new
or second-hand for just a few bucks.

We got the info from an autogyro forum expert and bought one just to
have a look. We may still have it somewhere.
If you're interested I could research the exact brand and model of motor
bike.
FWIW
--
Best regards,