Europa-List: Re: Instrument Panels

Subject: Europa-List: Re: Instrument Panels
From: n7188u <chmgarb@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 21 Jan 2021 08:13:59

John, Yes, cost is a big consideration. I will quote some of these panels to see
how it looks as well as some alternative like routed plastic.

My original panel design was segmented but due to cost and laziness just went
for
hole sawed holes (which was so quick and easy to do) and for now the idea is
to create several overlays that are covered in the new CF lookalike wrap
materials.
My LongEZ has the overlay covered with real CF but that is kind of time
consuming. The nice thing though is that transfer labels are placed in the CF
and then clear coated and it looks amazing.

My plan is to update the panel in the near future and maybe I can use the 3D
printed
idea but, its just that right now, and idea.

I attach pictures of my panel design and what it looks like now. When I add the
overlays it will look somewhat like the model.

Chris

Read this topic online here:

Attachments:

http://forums.matronics.com//files/210121_current_panel_191.jpg