Europa-List: Re: Aerodynamicist question - Bud Yerly

Subject: Europa-List: Re: Aerodynamicist question - Bud Yerly
From: John Wighton <john@wighton.net>
Date: Mon, 18 Jan 2021 01:26:28

Paul,

You directed the question to Bud, however, I have some input that may be of
interest.

Inevitably things are more complex than just quoting a single dimension.  What
might be true for a Taylor Titch will most likely be incorrect for a DC-3!

I recommend you obtain a copy of Darrol Stinton's excellent book "Design of the
Aeroplane".  I attach an extract (with due acknowledgement and credit to his
estate) that may help.  I do recommend you get a copy of the book.

Pazmany also deals with these matters, books available from the LAA (and
elsewhere).

Regards
John

--------