Europa-List: Is 160F too cold?

Subject: Europa-List: Is 160F too cold?
From: crouton <crouton@well.com>
Date: Wed, 13 Jan 2021 11:01:41

A second radiator, oil or coolant, should not be required in a Laminova set-up.
Removal of the oil radiator in the duct of the XS will increase the flow of
undisturbed air through the coolant radiator and more than compensate for the
heat load added to the coolant from the Laminova.
I have a classic and for several years had to step climb to control temps.  I no
longer have to do this.
I keep the airplane at KPGD (Punta Gorda, Florida) and at KEYW (Key West, FL)
and
in a typical year stay in south Florida until July before flying north.

To be clear:  I have flown many times with ramp temps in excess of 90F (33C)
with
no ground temperature issues and at 4500ft, 80F (26C) with no necessity to
step climb to control temperatures.

Creighton Smith  N96EG,  A009,  Classic Mono,  912UL,  Warp Drive,