Re: Europa-List: Europa pitot tube piping and connections

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Europa pitot tube piping and connections
From: Kevin <kjburns@btinternet.com>
Date: Wed, 13 Jan 2021 00:16:03

Chris,
Check your static probe under the wing still has the black plug in place , can
get knocked of easily, result is ineffective asi ... ( you need a pressure
differential
and this effectively cancels it out ) ..symptom is taxi test that shows
extreme asi lag ..
disconnecting static line restores asi ... ( removes the balancing air stream )

Slight air leaks in asi feed do not create the same ( massive ) effect.

The actual flow when you try to blow through is also relatively high resistance
in normal operation .

Regards
Kevin Burns

Sent from my iPad

> On 7 Dec 2020, at 20:36, Chris Callicott <c.callicott1@btinternet.com> wrote:
>

> Evening All, I am preparing a UK built (2007) Europa XS tri-gear which I
> purchased
last year for a permit check flight. The aircraft has not flown for 7 years.
I believe I have a leak in the pitot tube system. Pitot and static lines
passing through the  fuselage to the instrument panel seem to be made of
semi-opaque
hard plastic tubing approx 7.5mm OD and use 'push-fit' connectors. An adaptor
connects the push-fit connector to standard ?6mm flexible clear tubing
to the flight instruments.
> Is this a typical arrangement in Europas and where would I source the larger
tubing and push-fit connectors? Many thanks, Chris