Re: Europa-List: Is 160 F too cold?

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Is 160 F too cold?
From: Kevin Challis <cakeykev@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 10 Jan 2021 23:03:08
I got mine from Skydrive in the Uk. It bypasses the oil cooler until the cor
rect temperature is reached so it=99s opening and closing all the time
. It=99s only a small unit.

Kevin Challis

> On 10 Jan 2021, at 19:51, William Daniell <wdaniell.longport@gmail.com> wr
ote:

> =EF=BB
> Ah yes I remember seeing that on the list.
>
> So can you explain?  What thermostat to use and how to plumb it in.  Thank
s.

> Will
>

> William Daniell
> LONGPORT
> +1 786 878 0246
>

>> On Sun, Jan 10, 2021 at 2:46 PM Kevin Challis <cakeykev@gmail.com> wrote:

>> Oil thermostat. That way you don=99t have to take the tape on and o
ff. It=99s all automatic.

>> Kevin Challis
>> G ODJG

>>> =EF=BBWill,
>>> Stick sum aluminium tape over the cooler entrance. Enough coverage to sa
tisfy temperature required. Works a treat.
>>> Cheers,
>>> Tim
>>>
>>> Sent from my iPad
>>> Tim Ward
>>> 12 Waiwetu Street,
>>> Fendalton,
>>> Christchurch, 8052
>>> New Zealand.
>>> ward.t@xtra.co.nz
>>> 021 0640221

 my cooler a further 1/2" which cured it.

in the rotax normal operating temps.