Re: Europa-List: Under cowl temperature data request

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Under cowl temperature data request
From: D McFadyean <amimcfadyean@talktalk.net>
Date: Sun, 3 Jan 2021 11:38:37
The temperature label on my Softstart has not registered its lowest indicat
ion i.e. the temp has been <72C. This is with blocked side gills (the side
vents at the back of the top cowl). However, there is no lip seal around th
e airbox, so hot air can vent through the NACA duct in the top cowl, after
shut down. Typically in flight, the temperatures in the proximity of the mo
dules is about +20C on ambient (OAT), or up to +30C differential in climbou
t.

I don't see much point of a temperature limitation for the softstart; it's
not flight-critical, although the boxes under it are, and aren't helped by
intimately sticking the softstart on top!

Duncan McF.

> On 03 January 2021 at 10:29 Andy Ringrose <andy_ringrose@onetel.com> wrot
e:

>     Wondered if anyone had recorded any under cowl temperature data with
particular reference to post engine shutdown. I believe the installation of
 =98soft start units=99 had a not to exceed limitation applied.

>     Many thanks in advance.
>
>     Andy Ringrose
>
>      http://www.avg.com/email-signature?utm_medium=email&utm_source=l
ink&utm_campaign=sig-email&utm_content=emailclient