Europa-List: Possible Leaking Fuel Tank!

Subject: Europa-List: Possible Leaking Fuel Tank!
From: Mallard <james@kingdom.ie>
Date: Mon, 14 Dec 2020 16:52:18

Dear All, Urgent help required. Today I discovered about half a litre of fuel
pooled
in the baggage footwell behind the pilots seat which had wicked up to the
carpeting. The fuel is exiting the aircraft where some bolts pass through the
fuselage.

The fuel cock was not in the Off position so I turned it off. I removed the port
inspection cover in the baggage area to see if any of the fuel hoses showed
any obvious signs of leaking. There was some fuel on the floor of the inspection
hatch but not signs of fuel leaking.  I then mopped up the fuel in the baggage
footwell and observed that fuel appeared to still be leaking into the area
and coming from the base of the fuel tank.

It may be that the main fuel tank is leaking and may require replacement.

Has anyone got experience of this problem and how was it solved?

Thankyou very much in advance for any & all advice.
James

--------
Seat of my pants

Read this topic online here: