Re: Europa-List: Fwd: 912ULS fuel return line orifice size

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Fwd: 912ULS fuel return line orifice size
From: Rowland Carson <rowlandcarson@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 4 Dec 2020 13:11:47

Pete - yes, apparently the restrictor with the larger orifice supplied by the
Europa
factory was intended to reduce vapour lock issues. See my journal for 20th
& 21st June 2013:

http://www.rowlandcarson.org.uk/aviation/europa_435/201306.php

in friendship

Rowland

> On 2020-12-04, at 12:42, Pete Zut <peterz@zutrasoft.com> wrote:
>
> Looks like this is a very old question - and that Europa supplied larger
> restrictors.
Very odd.

> http://forums.matronics.com/viewtopic.php?p=403137

return orifice was made at 1/32" or 0.68mm which is twice the size of the spec'd
rotax 0.33 mm or 1/64".  It may explain why whenever I turned the electric
pump off the pressure would drop to near zero for a couple seconds before
recovering
to the expected 4-5psi.